Why should you click on Google Ads (or) Advertisement, when you visit a website?
As you should have already been aware of the google or any other search engine policies i.e. when you use any browser (apart from few) there are cookies stored in your computer / smartphone and other devices and also as the day progress the companies start learning about your behavior with the sites you visit, the pattern you use your computer and the emails.
Let’s come back to the advertisement you see on apps or a web browser like Chrome, Internet Explorer, EDGE, Firefox, Opera and others from your smartphone or computer.
The advertisement you see in the webpage or the app will be related to your interest which is served based on your search behavior and usage pattern. I think you should trust what I am saying, because there would be ads displayed in this webpage and it should match your interest until and unless you are accessing this through an “incognito” window or using an “Ad Blocker”.
Ok, I agree there are ways to direct your click to an unauthorized or unintended website using DNS poisoning or DNS spoofing, but again as said before if you apply caution, then you can avoid it. Basic rules applies that not to share any personal information like real name, date of birth, spouse, mother, fathers or children’s name, bank account, credit card, cvv, social security number, so forth….
To avoid, this confusion on the Ads (Advertisement) served by google they always tag it using “Ads by Google” when you click on (i) icon on the ads served on the website.
Why people don’t click on Ads?
- People are worried by clicking on the ads, it can be used to hack the system.
- People are not aware of the advantages by the ads.
- People feel it’s biased and it’s for the business benefit and not to the consumers.
- People just ignore it.
So, why should you click on Ads then?
- Clicking on an Ads which is served by trusted platform like (Google, Yahoo, Other) will not harm any users.
- There are lot of advantage by the ads, Ads are delivered to the right audience at the right time and place. Example, if you are looking for buying a new smartphone and you have been searching for it. One fine day you were searching for something and you see Google Ads is serving you a hottest deal on smartphone and you click and make use of the hottest deal and get the benefit.
Imagine if you have not had the liberty of the Google Ads, then you would need to manually visit all the ecommerce site like Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Best Buy, etc or to surf the internet (or) web on a regular basis.
- Consumers are really educated and I think we should use the Ads as a point to correlate with the actuals. However, if you apply this logic to Video/Audio medium of advertisement (i.e. TV (or) Television / FM (or) Music station) then are the ads served there displayed with that intention. We as consumers should apply the logic in the same way which we use in the visual media advertisement. To be honest, we get to know the new products it can be anything by advertisement. Word of Mouth goes long way but the word is changing and our heads are down always by looking at our smartphone.
- Ignoring the ads, nothing much can be done on this as it depends on the people attitude, people should realize that there are families making money by blogging and write things useful for the humane race and only way they can making some money is displaying the ads and getting paid for the same. It’s about rewarding the people whom you have not met or seen in your lifetime and the only opportunity to thanks and reward them by clicking of the official and authorized ‘Ads”.
So, next time you visit a site and if YOU feel the ads are related to your interest, please use the opportunity and also reward the writer of the article. I no way take any responsibility for the losses or damage incurred by you for clicking on an incorrect ads or not being caution or not using your logic. Happy ads clicking, a shortcut to your needs.